Category: Commission Opportunities
GLOBAL FOOTPRINT is an ambitious project that builds on Northamptonshire's international boot and shoe reputation, bringing together key arts and heritage organisations and audiences to celebrate this vitally important creative industry and heritage that defines the county.
From June - October 2012, GLOBAL FOOTPRINT will deliver a series of new, innovative and exciting inter-related arts and heritage commissions, exhibitions, events, trails, projections and discussions that utilise a range of new digital technologies as part of the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad and regional IGNITING AMBITION Festival.
Selected artists will be invited to realise ambitious projects that:
- Are informed by the stories, materials, technology/engineering and buildings of Northamptonshire's shoe and boot industry;
- Explore how the boot and shoe industry connects communities in Northamptonshire past and present;
- Fully engage with the heritage, architecture, economic, cultural, social and environmental impact of the industry in Northamptonshire;
- Deliver art in new, unexpected and unusual locations that the public can experience;
- Embrace the use of innovative, digital and new technologies as appropriate.
It is intended that the commissions will create an arts/cultural 'trail' around the county connecting key boot and shoe towns and villages and it is expected that the artworks and events will digitally recorded in their respective locations and 'mapped' on the GLOBAL FOOTPRINT project website.
Artists are now requested to submit an expression of interest and outline proposal for proposed artwork(s). A fee of c. £5,000 excluding VAT is available per commission to include artist fees, research, design, testing and construction.
Project partners are retaining a small amount of additional funding to support a limited number of proposals that are particularly ambitious and have the potential to engage large numbers of the public.
To submit an expression of interest and outline proposal(s) please contact Graham Callister for a full copy of the brief email@example.com
Full artists proposals need to be submitted no later than April 29th 2012.