Awards & Prizes
Courses & Workshops
Creative Industry Jobs
Design Factory Member News
Design Factory News
Premises/Workshop Space Available
Developing Your Business
Networks & Groups
Category: Exhibition Opportunities
The Nottingham Annual Open remains the familiar and much-loved Annual Open event that has been a regular feature of the Castle's programme since 1878. With the generous support from sponsors, The Nottingham Annual Open 2012 is now the biggest art prize in the Midlands, appealing to artists at all stages of their careers.
- £3000 worth of cash prizes
- Solo exhibitions at Nottingham Castle, New Art Exchange, Rufford Gallery, Tarpey Gallery, and One Thoresby Street.
- £1000 commission for film/video work
- 3 month free studio and residency
- £800 worth of artist materials and printing services
- Gallery representation
- Exclusive Membership to Design Factory and Axis
Three impartial, non-Midlands based selectors are invited to Nottingham each year. Key to the evolving nature of the Open selection, changing the selectors keeps the exhibition fresh and diverse, drawing new applicants and artworks to the exhibition, whilst showcasing the wealth of practices to external curators, critics, artists and arts professionals. Previous selectors have included Hugh Locke, Dan Perfect, Shelly Goldsmith, Gordon Cheung, Sheila McGregor, Lina Peterson, Joanne Bushnell and Sutapa Biswas.
Work is selected by good quality digital images or videos, supported by a short artists statement and optional CV. No other information is presented to the panel, so work is judged by its own merits.
This years selection panel are:
- Laura Sillars (Artistic Director, Site Gallery)
- Simon Roberts (Photographer)
- Clarissa Corfe (Castlefield Gallery)
- All entrants must be over 18 years of age and live, or be professionally based, in the Midlands (Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Sandwell and Worcestershire).
- Further restrictions do apply.
Full submission details and downloadable application forms available at http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/open2012
Application Deadline: 5pm Friday 24th August 2012
For enquiries, please call 0115 915 3700 during office hours, or email firstname.lastname@example.org