Awards & Prizes
Courses & Workshops
Creative Industry Jobs
Design Factory Member News
Design Factory News
Premises/Workshop Space Available
Developing Your Business
Networks & Groups
Category: Exhibition Opportunities
Get Fresh - Emerging designer-makers from the South West
Saturday 12th January - Sunday 24th February 2013
Can you answer YES to one of the following:
- Did you graduate no more than 3 years ago?
- Are you self-taught and did you start your career within the last 3 years?
- Are you resident in the South West?
- Are you working in an area of craft (including photography, printmaking & sculpture) producing innovative, imaginative work coupled with a sensitive use of appropriate materials?
- Can you demonstrate the potential to achieve the highest standards of workmanship and design, together with a clear sense of personal direction?
If you can - then this is the exhibition for you!
Now established as a key exhibition in the South West, the aim of Get Fresh is to celebrate and expose the commitment, diversity and outstanding craftsmanship of emerging designer-makers from the South West (Bath, Bristol & Somerset, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire). Supported by the Devon Guild of Craftsmen's Associate Membership Scheme, Get Fresh will:
- Profile the South West's exceptional emerging makers
- Celebrate commitment and diversity
- Promote the Devon Guild's Associate Membership Scheme
- Award free Associate Membership for 1 year to selected exhibitors
- Provide support & encouragement
- Facilitate critical debate
A professional selection panel - to include Polly Macpherson, Associate Professor 3D Design - Designer Maker at Plymouth University, Trustee for Devon Guild of Craftsmen and currently Artist in Residence at The Devon & Exeter Institute, and Saffron Wynne, Devon Guild of Craftsmen curator - will select exhibitors from digital image submissions.
Submission Deadline: 20th July 2012
Please submit an artist's statement, CV, price list and 6 digital images to
OR by post at the address below
Applications via email will receive an acknowledgment; if you don't receive one, please resend.
The Devon Guild of Craftsmen
Telephone: 01626 832223